Saturday, June 17, 2017

Intro...

I guess I should start off by introducing myself... I am a wife to my high school sweetheart - Trevor, mom to an almost 2 year old wild little boy named Maverick and almost a week overdue with his little brother. We have an almost 2 year old red heeler/bordie collie mix - Georgie, and 3 cats-litter mates Benny and Mr. Meowgi who are 4 years old and a 5 month old crazy lady kitten named Sadie. My husband and I have been together for about 11 years and just celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary back in April. We have relocated 12+hours away from family 3 years ago and it have been very hard on me as a mom but I am trying my best to keep my shit together to support Trevor in his journey to a new career.
This is my cute little family at my son's first birthday party. We will have to get some updated family photos after this baby boy arrives! I actually found out we were expecting our second on our sons first birthday. That was kind of fun! In hindsight I should have started writing this sooner so I could have documented my pregnancy and all the fun stuff that has gone alone with it. Gestational diabetes, extra ultrasounds and a bit of a scare over baby's kidneys. Poor little guy is going to have to have an ultrasound shortly after he is born to make sure he doesn't have a kidney disease... Gestational Diabetes can often cause "big babies" but in my case baby has been measuring small. I am sitting her overdue waiting for my VBAC attempt, so I'm sure I will post about my VBAC journey and whether or not it is a success. I'm really hoping to go into labor on my own without any interventions but the clock is ticking. This has turned into a bit of a ramble so I guess I will leave it as this... and end off with my most recent belly photo.
Until next time, Melanie